The Sanctum

Welcome, traveller. This be the realm of Jay Niner, where everything be possible, and nothing ever happens. If, perchance, thou wisheth to tarry, then find thou a page from the Grimoire and read. For we are here in eternity, and we are in medias res.

14.12.09

The Scribblings of a fucked mind

I'd often told people that I like to write. And the predictable question that follows is: what do you write?
I write fantasy. Why? Because I'm fed up with the shitfucked world. It's a pity seeing just how bad it's gotten.
My characters, they don't start off small like so many dark fantasy novels from so many authors- Lukyanenko, Jordan, Heinlein, le Guin, Erikson, and so on... while I appreciate their works, they have all tried to depict how their characters save the world through acts of unspeakable goodness.
Maa chudaye. My main characters start in places of power, stay there throughout the course of the story. They are utter and complete motherfuckers, and as such first-class fellows.
They are as far from good as they can get, and as far from mortality and morality as any psycho. They include: The Lord of Evil, or the Shadow Incarnate.
My favourites, Goldern aka Sharn Black, a sandrazor (a shapeshifter with the power to control air) who manages to increase his powers tremendously,
Jurai Qaan, a Wyrdmage (One who's forsaken the use of traditional magical energy and psionics to use the power of ancient wyrds).
Three of them, my personal favourites.
All three of them boast incredible power and an incredible need for entertainment. So they look to drink, fuck, smoke and snort the hell out of life. Occasionally doing some quest for the heck of it.
All three of them have cast aside the rules and regulations of society, living for themselves, fighting for entertainment in a world that, much in the style of Equilibrium, focuses on mindless tasks.
They live they way I would have dreamed of. In a way it's a release.

These three along with a multitude of idiots to populate the worlds I created. Maybe one of these days I'll put a chapter up on my other blog, thatoldtome.blogspot.

No comments:

Post a Comment